The Waterford Economic Development Commission, as part of its ongoing program to honor the town’s oldest businesses, has presented a certificate of recognition to Benvenuti Oil Co. The firm was founded by Gotardo and Regena Benvenuti in 1950. The family-owned business has been in continuous operation for the past 54 years. The second generation of the family, Charles Mazzella and Deborah (Benvenuti) Mazzella, began operating the company in 1968, and its third generation, their sons Mike and Marc, are actively involved in the Waterford business. Benvenuti Oil now has a fleet of five oil trucks and eight service trucks for its customers. In 1999, the firm built a 5,000-square-foot office at 17R Boston Post Road in Waterford. The firm was honored by the commission during a meeting this past month of the Waterford Division of the Chamber of Commerce of Eastern Connecticut.