- Bioheat® home heating fuel produces the same satisfying heat as “regular oil.”
- According to studies, Bioheat® performs just as well as, if not better than, traditional heating oil.
- Bioheat® lubricates your home heating system.
- You don’t have to make any modifications or upgrades to your burner or tank.
- You don’t have to buy any new equipment.
- You don’t have to change your budget plan, payment plan, service contract or warranties.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Bioheat home heating fuel?
Less fossil and more future, Bioheat blends ultra-low sulfur home heating fuel with 100% renewable, domestically-grown crops such as soybean, corn, sunflower, linseed and sesame.
What does bio mean?
The plant content in Bioheat is biodiesel, the production of which annually generates approximately $16.8 billion dollars for the U.S. economy, creates more than 62,000 jobs, and helps reduce our country’s dependence on foreign resources. In its purest form, biodiesel is biodegradable and non-toxic. That’s bio-amazing!
Where is Bioheat home heating fuel made?
Not only are the crops used to create Bioheat fuel grown in America, it is made right here in Connecticut in a variety of blends. The blends currently range from B5 fuel containing 5% plant content to B20, which contains 20%. As the number rises, Bioheat fuel gets better and better!
Does Bioheat home heating fuel cost more? How does it save money?
Bioheat is just like any other fuel, with a variety of prices in the market. Bioheat® which is blended with low sulfur heating oil helps your home heating equipment run more efficiently than before with less maintenance.2 You pay nothing extra. In fact, home heating fuel prices are the lowest they’ve been in years, so you’re already paying less!
Does Bioheat reduce our carbon footprint?
Over the last thirty years, alternative energy sources have helped America reduce its carbon footprint by 40%. A B20 Bioheat® blend can reduce greenhouse gas emissions ever further… moving us to a future with zero emissions!